Our Commitment to Privacy
· the types of personal information which we hold;
· the purposes for which we hold personal information;
· how we use the personal information which we hold;
· for how long we hold personal information; and
· what procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What Personal Information Do We Hold?
We hold the following personal information:
· information which you voluntarily provide to us when using this website (including, without limitation, your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), the names of people in your party and the period for which you wish to rent or let a property);
· details of the property in which you have expressed an interest in letting;
· should you choose to proceed with the rent or letting of a property we may ask you for more detailed information about yourself and those who will be staying with you in the property, such as:-
· your date of birth;
· your bank details;
· the names, postal addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth of those individuals who will be staying with you;
· details of your current/previous accommodation (including details of the mortgage lender or landlord);
· your employment details;
· information obtained by us from third parties, such as credit reference agencies; and
· information about your use of this website.
For What Purposes Do We Hold Personal Information?
We hold information which you provide to us:-
· for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product / service development purposes;
· if you wish to proceed with the letting of a property, we may use your information to obtain a credit check and references from third parties as part of our pre-letting process;
· during the time which you rent or lease a property, we may use your details in order to effectively carry out our duties as landlord and managing agents of the property (for example, for the purposes of allowing us to insure the property or arrange necessary repairs); and
· for direct marketing purposes.
Depending on the information which you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know at the address noted below.
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
· we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
· we may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
· we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers, trades people and insurers (names and addresses only in the latter case);
· we may disclose your person information to the managing agents of our properties;
· we may disclose your personal information to credit reference agencies and persons from whom we require to take a reference about you prior to letting;
· we may disclose personal information to the providers of direct marketing services; and
· we may disclose personal information to other companies within the Klin group.
For How Long Do We Hold Personal Information?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What Procedures Do We Use to Protect Your Privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws relating to data protection.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers and/or CD-ROMs and/or a server held at the address noted below. We also hold tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information at the address noted below. From time to time, certain CD-ROMs or tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you which is held by us on payment of £10 (or such other sum as may be prescribed by law from time to time).
We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
You can contact us at the following address:
The Andrew Barclay Railway Heritage Centre,
West Langlands Street,
Please note that, if you are under 16 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and seek any necessary consents from him or her.
We operate a policy of 100% opt-in marketing. The contact details you provide (such as your telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address) may be used by us to send you information about products and services. Your contact details will not be provided to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Your contact details will only be used in this way if you have previously indicated your consent to receiving such messages.
You may opt-out from receiving such messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject or by writing to the address above.
All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain a statement re-iterating these instructions as to how to opt-out.
Further Important Points